Vegan is the new black.
Since my fiance Will is deathly allergic to eggs and he always misses out on the baked treats, [poor baby] I thought it would be nice to try something a little different for him. My little sister Megen and my friend Drew and myself baked up some tasty vegan cookies last night that were not only free of all animal products, but also much healthier than your run-of-the-mill buttery, sugary lil tidbits of heaven that we all love so much. Before I share the recipe, you should know that I DID NOT make this up myself. I got it online and so I'm just reposting it for your viewing [or cooking] pleasure.
Enjoy!!! I know we did. :)
- 1 1/2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon [we added double...we ADORE cinnamon!]
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup oatmeal [we also added an additional 1/4 cup of oatmeal for texture.]
1. Blend the first 4 ingrediants
2. Add the dry ingrediants
3. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Here's the link to the website: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Vegan-Oatmeal-Cookies-68430
FYI- our cookies had carob chips instead of raisins or cranberries. Next time I think we'll definitely go for the dried fruit instead. The flavors just make more sense.